Advantages and Benefits
The Honduran Register offers the following advantages to the international maritime commerce:
- Competitive rates
- Reduce registration fees according to the tonnage when the same ship owner registers several ships.
- Legal security of a consolidated democracy.
- Fixed annual fees depending on the tonnage of the vessel and not of the profits made by the owner during the year.
- Flexible requirements on the crew nationality.
- No need to be Honduran or have the company established in Honduras for the registration of ships.
Ships sailing in international waters under Honduran registry, providing employment benefits to Hondurans by birth, enjoy the following benefits:
- Fifty percent (50%) discount on the annual tonnage tax for ships anchored for a periodlonger than three (3) months, provided that they have more than eighty percent (80%) of Honduran nationality crew.
- Fifty percent (50%) discount on the annual tonnage tax, when the crew in an eighty percent (80%) is Honduran or when the operational personnel management, finance, marketing and maintenance of the vessel, is executed in national or international ports and waters by Honduran companies or shipping agencies authorized and supervised by theGeneral Directorate of the Merchant Marine.
- Up to forty percent (40%) discount on the annual tonnage tax, when the crew of Honduran nationality labor aboard a ship like that.
- Two point five percent (2.5%) discount for each month of work of the officer cadets or a qualified technician who is Honduran by birth, and one point twenty five percent (1.25%) for the same concept for passenger ships: and
one point five percent (1.5%) discount for each month of work of the Honduran workers on board, and zero point seventy-five percent (0.75%) for the same concept for passenger ships.